Al-Taqwa College is providing SEEP to address the learning needs of students who display a high degree of learning potential.
Curriculum enrichment differs from the mainstream program in that it:
- provides a faster-paced curriculum with less repetition;
- supports greater study of highly abstract, complex and in-depth concepts;
- provides an opportunity to work cooperatively with peers of similar ability; and
- supports students in developing complex, high level investigative, problem solving and creative thinking skills.
At Al-Taqwa College students undertaking SEEP will be enriched in English and Mathematics.
The benefits of SEEP are:
- Students with high level of maturity and commitment, capable of independent learning will be offered to sit for the ACER High Ability Selection Test.
- Eligible students will get a 100% scholarship for the rest of their schooling provided that they maintain a score of 90% or above in all their assessments throughout the year.
- FREE Tuition support throughout VCE.
- $2000 reward will also be offered to these students towards their university fees, a holiday or Umrah at their successful completion of Year 12 studies.
The Program is offered to students in Grades 5 to Year 10 each year. Students wishing to join the program may be nominated by parents and/or teachers. Students will be selected for entry into SEEP according to the following:
- Nominations by subject teacher – August
- School report (most recent) and NAPLAN results
- Screening test for SEEP – evaluating mathematical, problem solving, comprehension and creative writing abilities – Term 4
- Teacher evaluations
- Interview with students – Term 4
Students studying Years 7 to 9 and who have been accepted into SEEP, will also be eligible to apply for the scholarship. They will be required to sit the ACER High ability Selection Test for scholarships which will take place in November. Successful applicants will be sent their offers during December.
Please note students intending on enrolling at Al-Taqwa College will still be required to follow the general enrolment process.
Further enquiries on the SEEP application process should be directed to: Ms Shabana Chowdhry (9269 5000), Head of the Program.
HAST TESTING FOR SEEP STUDENTS
This year Al-Taqwa College will be using the Higher Ability Selection Test (HAST) Australian Council for Educational Research (ACER) Test to assess and place students in its 2018 SEEP program for students in years 6-10. The HAST program has been devised by ACER as a screening process to assist schools in identifying students for participation in gifted and talented programs.
Testing will take place on Saturday 26 August at the College
Primary Testing will be held in the G6 mini hall commencing at 9.30am sharp and will conclude at approximately 11.30am
Secondary Testing will be held in the 229 Girls Hall commencing at 9.30am sharp and will conclude at approximately 12.30pm