We are looking forward to welcoming our students and parents next Monday 29 January for a fresh new Term 1 of the 2018 Academic Year. We wish current and new students will have an easy transition into their new classes. To help students and parents ease into this new term, we have compiled this quick guide with important notes and updates regarding staff and policies, maps and bell time schedules.
- Primary class lists will be displayed on classroom doors and on the outside of primary buildings. Foundation class lists will also be displayed on classroom doors and inside the Foundation building. Students can go to their classes once they know their class group. A reminder that Foundation students commence school on Tuesday 30th January. If for some reason a student’s name does not appear on any class list please see the relevant sub school secretary as follows:
- Fnd – Gr 2: Maria Spiteri in the Foundation Building office
- Gr 3 -Gr 4: Myta Artyasvati in the Grade 1 Building office
- Gr 5- Gr 6: Rayanne Elhouli in the Grade 6 Building office
- There will be support staff around the school grounds to assist in answering questions and in guiding parents and students. Please look for the staff wearing the ‘Information’ Tshirts or the high visibility vests.
- All students are expected to come to school with one level haircut as stated in the school policy.
- Full school uniform is compulsory. This includes the school bag for all primary students and school tie for students from grades 3 to 6. We understand that PSW is short on stock in some sizes and most uniform items including the lower primary summer pants should be available in store by mid February.
- Kindly ensure students come to school with healthy snacks in their lunchboxes that are nut and egg free to ensure the safety of our students with allergies. It is highly recommended that students wanting to buy lunch from the canteen place a lunch order in the morning to avoid long queues at the canteen. Foundation students will need to bring a healthy packed lunch for the first 2 weeks of school and can only place lunch orders after week 2.
- A reminder, Foundation students do not have school on Wednesday’s for the first 5 weeks due to scheduled pre-assessments for Foundation students.
- No Hat No Play in term 1 and term 4 so please ensure students have a school hat/navy blue hat to enjoy some outdoor play during their recess and lunchtime. Students should also bring a water bottle to school at all times.
- All stationery items, text books and uniform items need to be labeled with the student’s name.
Assalamu Alaikum Dear Parents/Guardians & our dear students
Welcome back for 2018!
We have an exciting year ahead of us and to ensure your child has a good start we have provided you with some information.
This year we have a change in our secondary campuses. The original school buildings at 201 Sayers Rd will accommodate for our 7-9 students only. Boys and girls classes and play areas will still remain separated and staff will all be available Monday morning to assist in guiding your child to his/her classroom. The 229 Campus (what has previously operated as a Girls Campus) will now operate as a Senior Campus for all Years 10-12 students. Students will have separate play areas and separate areas for lockers too.
Please view the attached maps which indicate where your child should go Monday morning when they arrive to school. Staff will be present at these designated areas to greet them then teachers will assign students to their form class and then guide them to their classrooms Please view the attached Bell times too.
Please note, all Year 7 students will assemble in the Multipurpose Hall. They will then be taken to their designated classrooms where they will be given their timetables, diaries, lockers, classroom rules and guidance by their teachers.
Important Reminders for first day back:
1. Please ensure your child is in FULL SCHOOL UNIFORM, including correct all one length haircut (no undercuts), correct clean socks, shirts, pants and dresses. Please understand that we do not wish to issue consequences on the very first day however need to enforce rules.
2. Please ensure your child has all the correct items for school, including books, stationery and other equipment
3. Classlists will be displayed outside classroom doors and classes will be set up for your students
If your child is receiving their new laptop, they will be required to bring in their receipt on the specified day. Further instruction will be sent via text message when laptops arrive
The first week of school will primarily consist of opportunities for students to get to know their teachers, understand rules and procedures, follow correct preparations for prayer and partake in activities to build their relationships and capacity to learn
Further information regarding learning programs, expectations and upcoming events will be communicated throughout the week.
The secondary school structure has slightly changed. If you have any concerns you may contact the school and ask for the following staff members who will be more than happy to answer any queries as they are responsible for the specified year levels:
Head of Secondary: Mrs Behije Cura
Year 12 Level coordinator: Mrs Yarra Bakri
Year 11 Level Coordinator: Mrs Raghda Gabr
Year 10 Level Coordinator: Mr Abdul Aziz Al Nofaei
Year 9 Level Coordinator: Mrs Shareena Khan
Year 8 Level Coordinator: Mr Khaled Zpeidi
Year 7 Level Coordinator: Ms Jane Pritchard